Clickie is a handy utility that will add 2 new features to the context menu (right click) of Windows Explorer:
- Copy Path Name: Copies the path of the selected folder or file to the clipboard (as text). You can then paste it wherever you need it. Some software need the name and path of a file and do not provide any way to browse. In such a case, Clickie becomes very useful and will save you a lot of time. This feature also works when several files are selected.
- Open MS-DOS Prompt: Opens a DOS window in the selected directory. Using Clickie, you don't need to crawl to the directory you want to work in.
- Right Click language available in English, French, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German and Italian. Setup available in English and French.
- Clickie is a freeware, you may use it as you wish (personal or commercial)! No spyware, adware or any such thing included. There isn't even an interface for Clickie, it is in the right click, period.
- Extra care was taken to avoid adding any burden to the system, consequently, the DLL that Windows loads to handle those menu items is only 12kb!
Download Clickie v1.2.1
- Works on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7.
- There are two different versions, one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit operating systems, use the one appropriate for your system.
- Download Clickie For 32-bit operating systems.
- Download Clickie For 64-bit operating systems.
Do not hesitate to report any question, suggestion or problem by adding a comment below.
Download Clickie v1.1
Alternatively, you can download and use version 1.1, it works on older operating systems: Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4 or 2000.
A little history
|February 21, 2011||Release of Clickie 1.2.1.
Now works with Unicode file names
|May 2, 2010||Release of Clickie 1.2.
Now works on 64-bit Operating Systems
|November 12, 2002||Release of Clickie 1.1.
New features: path name copy now works with several files, translation of Clickie in Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German and Italian.
|January 21, 2001||Winfiles gives Clickie a award.|
|January 19, 2001||Nonags gives Clickie a rating.|
|January 16, 2001||Release of Clickie 1.0.|